[Splashy-users] Splashy death on etch :(

Luis Mondesi lemsx1 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 17:07:13 UTC 2007

Yep. I see that on Ubuntu sendsigs is used to killall5 all the
processes during shutdown/reboot.

I modified etc/init.d/splashy to write its PID to
/var/run/sendsigs.omit. The sendsigs scripts on Ubuntu uses this to
construct a call to killall5 that looks like:

killall5 -15 -o PID1 -o PID2 ... -o PIDn

Splashy should then either timeout when no more input is detected
(splashy_update 'progress N') or it will just be still in memory when
the system powers off.

This will be included in 0.3.7 (coming soon)