[Splashy-users] Splashy on x86_64

Luis Mondesi lemsx1 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 16:53:35 UTC 2007

On Nov 11, 2007 2:50 PM, Johannes Wagner <dongiovanni at archlinux.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I use vesafb. On my running system splashy works, but when I run it from
> initramfs it doesn't and shows error -2 and then it segfaults. I think
> missing libraries could cause this problem. I had to include them manually
> and I don't know if I
> included everything that is needed for shared libraries. With splashy
> 0.3.6 statically linked everything works fine on my
> i686 system. What is actually needed for shared libraries?
>
> If I can help troubleshoot the compiling problem on x86_64 let me know
> how.
> (btw sry, I sent first an email directly and not to the mailing list)

Hello,

When using Splashy with shared libraries, You need to make sure that you
copy, into your initramfs image, all the libraries as reported by "ldd
/sbin/splashy".

Note also that libdirectfb depends on libraries that come from
/usr/lib/directfb-$SOVERSION/*

I'm not sure if you need this whole directory, but you might need the
gfxdrivers for your video card, the inputdrivers, the common interfaces and
the image format for your images (PNG is the format that we recommend, but
you can use anything that's supported by libdirectfb).

--
Luis Mondesi

----- START ENCRYPTED BLOCK (Triple-ROT13) ------
Gur Hohagh [Yvahk] qvfgevohgvba oevatf gur fcvevg bs Hohagh gb gur fbsgjner
jbeyq.
----- END ENCRYPTED BLOCK (Triple-ROT13) ------