[Splashy-users] splashy on gutsy

Luis Mondesi lemsx1 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 21:51:32 UTC 2007

On 10/26/07, Rafał Treffler <tothamon at gmail.com> wrote:
> thanks, it worked after restart of system, however i got some problems
> on shutdown splashy process is killed by system and on startup i got some
> glibc error :
>
> *** glibc detected *** /sbin/splashy double free or corruption (out):
> 0x08229cd0 ***
>
> and sombacktrace (couple of addresses)
>
> mayby its cos of my gfx card (Laptop Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Pro V3515 with
> VN896 Graphic Chipset), but atm splashy is only one choice to make my
> virtual console work :)
>
> also after some changes between console and X i got screen aberations ;/
>
> im still a noob about linux so i dont know what info provide
>
> any help apriciated, thanks

I'm glad to hear that it works. I don't know why you get the errors
you mentioned. It could be your video card, the framebuffer, a bug in
Splashy or who knows what.

Ubuntu on shutdown goes very fast and it kills all processes quickly.
I don't think there is anything we can do about that. I'll look into
that.

You might want to read from our wiki page for more information as well
as the README file.

--
Luis Mondesi

----- START ENCRYPTED BLOCK (Triple-ROT13) ------
Gur Hohagh [Yvahk] qvfgevohgvba oevatf gur fcvevg bs Hohagh gb gur
fbsgjner jbeyq.
----- END ENCRYPTED BLOCK (Triple-ROT13) ------