[Splashy-users] Issue with Splashy install on Lenny - resolved - hope this helps others

Mike Kelland mike at mikekelland.com
Thu Feb 14 05:04:22 UTC 2008

Hi All,

Just resolved an issue with splashy that was having me bang my head against
the wall.  With the default install of splashy on Debian Lenny from APT,
splashy starts before udev and prevents it from starting.  This is a problem
per bug 449457.  Quick and dirty resolution if splashy is preventing your
USB devices from being autodetected and hotplugged (ie USB modules are not
being loaded) is to rename /etc/rcS.d/S03udev to /etc/rcS.d/S03audev - means
that you get more text at start up, but everything will work.

Hope this helps others.

Thanks,
Mike