[Splashy-users] Configuring the font size

Clark Rawlins clark.rawlins at escient.com
Wed Feb 6 21:36:58 UTC 2008

I am trying to change the size of the font used to display messages on
the boot screen.

I tried changing the contents of the <height> tag that was in the
original theme.xml file from 10 to 7 but that didn't work.

I searched around a bit and found this post:
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/splashy-users/2006-December/000235.html

Which seems to indicate I need to change the tag from height to size.
But that didn't make a difference either.

Here is the relevant text section:
 	<text>
            <!-- font file to use, path relative to theme -->
                <file>FreeSans.ttf</file>
                <height>10</height>
            <!-- here you can set the color of the text/font...
            set the amount of red, green, blue and alpha channel.
            Remember that the max value is 255 and the minumun value is 0-->
            <color>
                <red>128</red>
                <green>128</green>
                <blue>32</blue>
                <alpha>255</alpha>
            </color>
        </text>

I can post the remainder of the file if it is relevant.
Clark