[Splashy-users] regarding of how to run splashy after installation at boot time

Luis Mondesi lemsx1 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 08:00:25 UTC 2008

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 10:10 AM, sumanth kumar <skraju83 at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi to all the experts over there,
>
>                           I am slitaz-2.6.25 the smallest distro. I have
> instaled directfb-1.1.1 and splashy-0.3.9. my splashy was running fine and
> the dfbinfo is also working fine. in my /boot/grub/menu.lst
>
> title  Slitaz
> root(hd0,0)
> kernel  /boot/vminuz-2.6.25 root=/dev/hda1 quiet VGA=792 splash.
>

> on the command line when i type splashy test | reboot | shutdown it work
> fine.  but it was running properly at boot time.   how and where to
> integrate spalshy. in what files should i make changes.  do i require an
> initrd image for runnning splashy.  pleaseee specify all the reqirements in
> detail. all the files and in what file should
> i make changes...  please. any help will be kind of u..
>

> thanks
> raju

Hello,

If i understand you correctly, splashy is working and you just need
advise on how to setup your scripts to update the progressbar ?

You need to read:

README
HACKING (http://git.debian.org/?p=splashy/splashy.git;a=blob;f=HACKING;h=b9a4798db82aee6575d5c5f7fb76d38cc5268d02;hb=HEAD)
and
http://splashy.alioth.debian.org/wiki/developers

The smallest thing you need to do is:

1. make sure your framebuffer works correctly (dfbinfo)
2. make sure splashy works fine from initrd (optional. you can also
start splashy after initrd has finished)
3. figure out how many steps it takes for your distribution to boot
4. make calls to "splashy_update 'progress N'" for each step (see HACKING)
5. call "splashy_update exit" before X server starts (gdm/kdm/xdm, etc...)

We have some scripts in our sources. These are LSB-compliant scripts
and should work with any distro that supports the Linux Standard Base
effort. (http://git.debian.org/?p=splashy/splashy.git;a=tree;f=scripts;h=2ef7440d92ae5bee707c12a6c562006ad984f129;hb=HEAD)

Hope that helps

--
Luis Mondesi

----- START ENCRYPTED BLOCK (Triple-ROT13) ------
Gur Hohagh [Yvahk] qvfgevohgvba oevatf gur fcvevg bs Hohagh gb gur
fbsgjner jbeyq.
----- END ENCRYPTED BLOCK (Triple-ROT13) ------