[Splashy-users] splashy compile error.

代尔欣 daierxin at gmail.com
Wed May 13 07:12:17 UTC 2009

Hi Luis,
      The problem turns out to *parallel make*. I already resolve it.
Another question for you.
Our ramdisk is for embedded system. The boot loader are neither grub nor
lilo.  So it has not a menu.lst to edit. The ramdisk is a image-initrd not a
cpio-initrd. So a linuxrc script will be called.   I  search the website
most  is  about how to  setup splashy on desktop environment (debian, arch,
ubuntu...) which use grub or lilo.

I'm new on splashy(even on linux kernel), can you please give me some guide
about how to make the splashy work on such type of ramdisk.

If you need more information about the ramdisk, please reply this mail. I'll
try to collect what you want to know.

Thank!

2009/5/13 代尔欣 <daierxin at gmail.com>

> Hi Luis,
>
>      Yes, it is cross compiled for ARM. I should already add all the
> dependencies. directfb/glib/file/zlib.
>
> 2009/5/13 Luis Mondesi <lemsx1 at gmail.com>
>
> This is the right place... read on...
>>
>> On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 9:50 PM, 代尔欣 <daierxin at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>      I'm new here. I want to port the splashy into my ramdisk. Is it the
>>> right place post my problem? if not, please tell me. Better tell me the
>>> correct place. Thanks!
>>>

>> Do you mean "cross compile"? It looks to me from what you have below, that
>> you are compiling Splashy for a different CPU than your system is running?
>> "platform-qsd8650"?
>>

>>> I use ptxDist compile my codes.  I met below error when I compile the
>>> splashy-0.3.13 codes.

>>> arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc -g -O2 -Wall -Werror -DG_DISABLE_ASSERT
>>> -DG_DISABLE_CHECKS -Wl,-rpath-link
>>> -Wl,/home/dex/2110-with-ril/workspace/LINUX/project/platform-qsd8650/sysroot-target/usr/lib
>>> -o splashy_config splashy_config-splashy_config-main.o
>>> splashy_config-splashy_config-functions.o splashy_config-xml_functions.o
>>> -L/home/dex/2110-with-ril/workspace/LINUX/project/platform-qsd8650/sysroot-target/lib
>>> -L/home/dex/2110-with-ril/workspace/LINUX/project/platform-qsd8650/sysroot-target/usr/lib
>>> -lsplashycnf
>>> /home/dex/2110-with-ril/workspace/LINUX/project/platform-qsd8650/sysroot-target/usr/lib/
>>> libglib-2.0.so/home/dex/2110-with-ril/workspace/LINUX/project/platform-qsd8650/sysroot-target/usr/lib/libmagic.so
>>> -lz
>>> /opt/codesourcery/lib/gcc/arm-none-linux-gnueabi/4.1.1/../../../../arm-none-linux-gnueabi/bin/ld:
>>> cannot find -lsplashycnf
>>> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>>> make[5]: *** [splashy_config] Error 1
>>> make[5]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
>>> (cd .libs && rm -f libsplashycnf.so && ln -s libsplashycnf.so.1.0.0