[Splashy-users] splashy compile error.

Luis Mondesi lemsx1 at gmail.com
Wed May 13 17:50:19 UTC 2009

Hello,

Read on...

2009/5/13 代尔欣 <daierxin at gmail.com>

> Hi Luis,
>       The problem turns out to *parallel make*. I already resolve it.
> Another question for you.
> Our ramdisk is for embedded system. The boot loader are neither grub nor
> lilo.  So it has not a menu.lst to edit. The ramdisk is a image-initrd not a
> cpio-initrd. So a linuxrc script will be called.   I  search the website
> most  is  about how to  setup splashy on desktop environment (debian, arch,
> ubuntu...) which use grub or lilo.
>
> I'm new on splashy(even on linux kernel), can you please give me some guide
> about how to make the splashy work on such type of ramdisk.
>
> If you need more information about the ramdisk, please reply this mail.
> I'll try to collect what you want to know.
>
> Thank!

Splashy itself only requires that your kernel has framebuffer support  (like
vesafb). You will also need fbcon (modinfo fbcon). After that, you can copy
Splashy and it's libraries to your image and then execute it from linuxrc
like:

/sbin/splashy boot

That's all. Splashy is just an application.

Now, after that, you will need to send Splashy information about the boot
process. For this you will need /sbin/splashy_update "progress 10" (for 10%.
100 for 100%, etc...)
That means that you will need to write scrips to call splashy_update and
send progress "steps" accordingly.

Easy.

For more information, check out the files HACKING and README from Splashy's
git repository.

Regards,

--
Luis Mondesi

----- START ENCRYPTED BLOCK (Triple-ROT13) ------
Gur Hohagh [Yvahk] qvfgevohgvba oevatf gur fcvevg bs Hohagh gb gur fbsgjner
jbeyq.
----- END ENCRYPTED BLOCK (Triple-ROT13) ------