[Tahoe-debian] package review

Micah Anderson micah at riseup.net
Sat Apr 23 17:27:17 UTC 2011

I just reviewed the package that is the current git HEAD, and it looks
good!

Some notes:

I'm not sure what the munin plugin policy is... right now the plugins
are being installed in /usr/share/munin/plugins and a config is placed
into the munin/plugin-conf.d directory... Is this how it is supposed to
work? What happens when munin-node isn't installed on the system?

I noticed there is no man page for tahoe, and I couldn't find one in the
upstream source. Has anyone seen any?

Lintian also complained about this:

W: tahoe-lafs source: dh-clean-k-is-deprecated

Info: This package calls dh_clean -k in its <tt>debian/rules</tt> file
 and declares a debhelper compatibility version of at least 7.
 .
 debhelper 7 deprecated dh_clean -k in favour of dh_prep.

The dh_clean -k is in the install target in debian/rules, replacing with
dh_prep seems to be fine

The debian/rules is somewhat old-style, and could probably be converted
to the new debhelper methods that make most of the commands listed go
away, but that isn't a big deal.

I also figured out how to use pristine-tar with gitpkg, I found you can do this:
git config gitpkg.pre-export-hook /usr/share/gitpkg/hooks/pristine-tar-pre-export-hook

and now 'gitpkg master' will generate the orig.tar.gz:

micah at algae:~/debian/tahoe$ gitpkg master
pristine-tar checkout ../deb-packages/tahoe-lafs/tahoe-lafs_1.8.2.orig.tar.gz
/usr/bin/pristine-tar: successfully generated ../deb-packages/tahoe-lafs/tahoe-lafs_1.8.2.orig.tar.gz
git archive exporting master
preparing ../deb-packages/tahoe-lafs/tahoe-lafs-1.8.2
dpkg-source -b tahoe-lafs-1.8.2
dpkg-source: info: using source format `3.0 (quilt)'
dpkg-source: warning: patches have not been applied, applying them now (use --no-preparation to override)
dpkg-source: info: applying remove_upstream_setup_deps.diff
dpkg-source: info: applying exclude_buildtest_package.diff
dpkg-source: info: building tahoe-lafs using existing ./tahoe-lafs_1.8.2.orig.tar.gz
dpkg-source: info: building tahoe-lafs in tahoe-lafs_1.8.2-1.debian.tar.gz
dpkg-source: info: building tahoe-lafs in tahoe-lafs_1.8.2-1.dsc

Everything builds find and looks like it installs in a good
location. Without the zfec package, I couldn't install the tahoe-lafs
package to do some tests with that, but hope that will be soon!

micah