[Teammetrics-discuss] GSoC results tomorrow at 19:00 UTC.

Sukhbir Singh sukhbir.in at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 17:19:08 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your interest in the Debian Project and 'Debian Team
Activity Metrics' this year.

We received eight outstanding applications for GSoC for Team Metrics
and because we can only end up selecting one student, it was a
difficult task and so it involved not only Andreas' and my decision,
but also of other mentors. Google will announce the official results
tomorrow at 19:00 UTC. You will receive an email.

In case you are not selected, please understand that this is not a
reflection of your abilities. GSoC is competitive and there are a lot
of factors that come into play for an application to be accepted (hard
as it may be to believe, luck is one of them). You should try next
year and meanwhile try to involve yourself with an open source
organization outside of GSoC (Season of KDE is a GSoC-like program run
by KDE).

The least we can do for you is to provide feedback on your application
and to help you with future preparation if you intend to apply for
GSoC next year, either with Debian or any other org. In case you are
not accepted, please ask for feedback personally on IRC (OFTC,
Freenode, nick: SukhE); I will be online tomorrow when the results are
announced. If you don't find me there, you can email me as well.

Thanks and good luck.

--
Sukhbir