[Teammetrics-discuss] Updating data?

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Wed Dec 4 07:46:52 UTC 2013

Hi Sukhbir,

On Tue, Dec 03, 2013 at 10:34:39PM -0500, Sukhbir Singh wrote:
> > You were obviously updating at the same time and there was some race
> > condition.  I admit this is probably a quite rare case but it might
> > make sense to put some record to /var/run and prevent competing runs
> > of our scripts.
>
> Yeah, sorry, in fact, I had been checking other things also and updated
> everything in the last days but I forgot to email you. I had fixed the
> Alioth problem locally (pausing between teams) and it worked so I just
> pushed it.

OK.  I would have had prefered that they might consider us as "the good
guys" but I will not question any solution that works.

> Should I generate the graphs? Also from next month we will try the
> automated script so we don't have to do anything.

Yes, just generate and check the graphs before publishing.

> About the lock: you are right and it is in my todo for the distant
> future ;)

Most probably the pressure to implement this will shrink if we have
automated updates ... sooo lets see when it gets implemented. ;-)

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de