[Teammetrics-discuss] Artefacts by bug reporter

Andreas Tille andreas at an3as.eu
Fri Oct 11 17:16:57 UTC 2013

On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 04:18:48PM -0400, Sukhbir Singh wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> > due to some automatic test and the according bug reports several teams
> > became a "new team member" 'Alexandre Rebert' which becomes quite visible
> > inside the team statics of some teams.  It might be reasonable to avoid
> > this by considering only those people "members" of a team who have posted
> > to the list in at least three different monthes.
> >
> > I'd consider removing such non-team-members by some SQL magic but want
> > to hear your opinion first.
>
> I don't think that we should do this because IMO, it doesn't matter if a
> new member comes at the top quickly; spikes in a particular user are
> also indicative of contribution so I don't think we should mess with
> that.

I agree that this kind of means avoids some "scientific principle to
handle the complete set of data".  But we somehow need to deal with people
wo are actually *not* team members but for whatever reason are poping up
at a singular moment in time (without doing any valuable contribution).

Kind regards

         Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de