[Utnubu-discuss] Re: Utnubu Team Founded - Merging Ubuntu changes to Debian

Joachim Breitner nomeata at debian.org
Tue Aug 2 11:54:51 UTC 2005

[I'm reposting my answer to mdz to the list]
Hi,

glad you like the idea. About the name: I must admit I like it, and I am
actually too lazy to change it (not that it would be too hard, but it
still would be work - alioth project, mailinglists, not to forget the
bit of news coverage Utnubu got already).

Maybe if you don't see it as the "opposite" of Ubuntu, but the "reverse"
of Ubuntu, i.e., strengthening the bi-directional aspect? I also
emphasize that is is not meant in any way against Ubuntu - at the worst,
it may be considered parasitic, but even that is not true.

Also note that it is not the only word play in the Team: The directory
where we mirror the patches from the ~scott/patches directory is called
"scottish" (as in: Like "scott", but not totally). In this case, though,
I asked keybuk about it...

If you still think that that is a issue to be resolved, please write to
utnubu-discuss at lists.alioth.debian.org, I wan't to hear more opinions.

Greetings from my after-DebConf-trip, currently in Sweden,

Joachim

--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner
Debian Developer