[Utnubu-discuss] Re: Ubuntu/Debian cooperation [was: Complaint about #debian operator]

Joachim Breitner nomeata at debian.org
Thu Dec 15 21:00:22 UTC 2005

Hi,

(I just got the mails to utnubu-discuss, so bear with me)

Am Donnerstag, den 15.12.2005, 15:39 +0100 schrieb Sven Luther:
> The process was to be manually though, the idea is to scan incoming mails to
> the BTS, which would notice an URL to an ubuntu patch, and auto-attach it (and
> complain loudly to the submitter if the URL is bogus :). Sounds like a nice
> idea in need of someone implementing it.

I don't think there is much gain - an attached patch is not much better
than a link, and might annoy people with limited bandwidth.

But maybe this derived idea is some good: How about looking through the
repository of ubuntu pachtes (aka people.u.c/~scott/patches) and make
sure a link to it is sent to the approriate bugnum at bugs.debian.org?
Sounds like a very good idea, and fully in the scope of Utnubu. Some
questions:

 * Is it common to refer to debian bug numbers in ubuntu patches
 * Is this done in a unambigous way (like in debian/changelogs)
 * How big are the chances that an automatic script with get the bug
   number wrong or mistake another number for a bug number

If the answers are not too bad, this could be implemented by Utnubu (we
pull the complete patches tree every day anyways)

Greetings,
Joachim

--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner