[Utnubu-maintainers] Re: [Utnubu-discuss] ACPI Stuff

Reinhard Tartler siretart at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 23:14:47 UTC 2005

On 7/29/05, Joachim Breitner <nomeata at debian.org> wrote:
> [answering to the right list]
I'm sorry, I hope this mail is addressed correctly

> > As said, I'm not sure if this package can or should be uploaded to
> > debian. The conffiles inside the packages are indeed a useful and
> > great addition to /usr/share/doc/acpid/examples!
> Also a good suggestion. But then, examples mean: Not working
> out-of-the-box, which would be a nice thing, as long these are sane
> defaults...

Many parts are highly dependend of the available ACPI Patches in the
Debian Kernel Images, of which I am uninformed. Perhaps it would be
best, if a member, or at least someone tracking development of debian
kernels closely could assess, if it is worth providing these scripts
as package of its own, or if they are rather examples for people with
custom kernels.

--
regards,
    Reinhard