[Utnubu-maintainers] Re: [Utnubu-discuss] ACPI Stuff

Joachim Breitner nomeata at debian.org
Sat Jul 30 09:28:25 UTC 2005

Hi,

Am Samstag, den 30.07.2005, 01:14 +0200 schrieb Reinhard Tartler:
> > > As said, I'm not sure if this package can or should be uploaded to
> > > debian. The conffiles inside the packages are indeed a useful and
> > > great addition to /usr/share/doc/acpid/examples!
> > Also a good suggestion. But then, examples mean: Not working
> > out-of-the-box, which would be a nice thing, as long these are sane
> > defaults...
>
> Many parts are highly dependend of the available ACPI Patches in the
> Debian Kernel Images, of which I am uninformed. Perhaps it would be
> best, if a member, or at least someone tracking development of debian
> kernels closely could assess, if it is worth providing these scripts
> as package of its own, or if they are rather examples for people with
> custom kernels.

Woudn't it be nicer if these scripts would find out about the available
features and just do the right things? This functionality would benefit
Ubuntu, too, as their users might also use different kernels with
differen features. So, maybe Thom would be willing to help in extending
acpi-support to be so flexible that it works with all the availabe
features out of the box on Ubuntu and Debian.

Greetings,
Joachim
--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner