[Utnubu-discuss] Incredible quantity of spam

Micah Anderson micah at riseup.net
Wed Nov 23 00:44:35 UTC 2005

Joachim Breitner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I guess this is directed to me.
>
> I'm not sure about this. If it is something affecting a lot of lists,
> then this should be done by the mail admins once for all. Also, a few
> might have info@ adresses themselves (for example because our mailing
> lists block mail@ adresses, which bit me a few times). But if it really
> necessary, I can do it.

I agree, in fact there is an alioth ticket opened about this:
http://alioth.debian.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=302530&group_id=1&atid=200001

What you can do is put in a filter for the info@*.* addresses so that
any email coming from there will get automatically put on hold and
requires you to approve them.

You should have a look at the archive to see how crazy this is:
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/utnubu-discuss/2005-November/thread.html

micah