[Utnubu-discuss] Utnubu and collaborative maintenance with Ubuntu MOTU

Reinhard Tartler siretart at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 12:52:14 UTC 2006

On 1/16/06, Amaya <amaya at debian.org> wrote:
> Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> > If we have a well-defined maintainer, even if he's not DD, I don't see why
> > he couldn't have his name in the maintainer field.
>
> Sure. I missunderstood you. I thought a group of people was behind these
> packages.

Well, I think we should discuss this more generally. The common case
that I think needs to be discussed is what about packages, where the
package creator state that they don't have enough time, interest or
capabilities to test/maintain them properly in debian, but they want
to do their best in ubuntu. Should the maintainer point in this case
to the utnubu mailing list (utnubu-discuss at lists.alioth.debian.org) or
rather to ubuntu-motu at lists.ubuntu.com? I don't really mind either
way.

And now for the specifics: wifi-radar: I really enjoy it on my ubuntu
notebook and I'd like to bring it to debian. But without a notebook
running debian, I cannot test it with the latest debian kernels and so
on. So I'd like to work on it, but I think I'd need someone who can
test wifi-radar in a debian system to test the integration with the
rest of the system. Thats the reason why I did not take over the ITP
yet. I'd rather like the package to be maintained collaboratively,
among with other DDs, NMs and MOTUs for the sake of both projects.

min12xw it quite similar: it is a printer driver. I cannot test it at
all, because I don't have such hardware. Stefan can only test it on
his ubuntu computer. Nevertheless, he thinks this package is also
useful to debian too, so the same problem as with wifi-radar occurs.

> > Sure. #334093 and #311373
>
> Good. I will look at the packages and will upload in a couple of days if
> there are no concerns (just T&S stuff) and keep you updated on this.

Thank you very much for your efford

--
regards,
    Reinhard