[Utnubu-discuss] Utnubu and collaborative maintenance with Ubuntu MOTU

Raphael Hertzog hertzog at debian.org
Mon Jan 16 14:07:15 UTC 2006

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> Importing packages is not the only kind of collaboration that can be
> made between Ubuntu and Debian. There's also bug/patch management, maybe
> documentation, etc. I think utnubu should be about discussing
> all kinds of collaboration between Ubuntu and Debian, not specifically
> collaborative package maintenance.

Of course, but we could still create a list utnubu-and-motu at l.a.d.o
for maintainership of packages between Ubuntu and Debian. This doesn't
restrict in any way the scope of Utnubu ...

> The collaborative maintenance proposal is not limited to Ubuntu and
> Debian. Debian Edu, for example, could use some parts of it too, as well
> as other CDDs. Naming the list "utnubu-and-motu" seems a big restrictive
> (and long, too). I think that having two lists (collab-maint-commits and
> collab-maint-maintainers) would be the best solution.

Not all packages hosted on collab-maint need to have the same
maintainer... and nobody will subscribe to the list if it just
contains mails related to random packages.

I have a very broad scope for collab-maint but I believe the "maintainer
list" should be something "local" to a given community/team/whatever.

Concerning commit notices, I want them to go to the PTS and everyone can
then receive them via the PTS (as well as bugs, and everything needed to
effectively help in the maintenance).

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog