[Utnubu-discuss] Utnubu and collaborative maintenance with Ubuntu MOTU

Philipp Kern pkern at debian.org
Mon Jan 16 21:48:17 UTC 2006

Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> I'm not sure ubuntu-motu is the right list for this. Some MOTUs prefer
> not to care about Debian [...]

Although I agree with your statement that ubuntu-motu is not the right
list, the last bit really pisses me off. I hope they package their stuff
by themselves then and do not just take the work of others. (Yes, I did
truncate the part about the mail flood and yes, it is Free Software, so
everybody could do with it what he wants.) I wouldn't dare to talk about
the "we sync back" thing...

OTOH Ubuntu profits very much from improvements in Debian. I saw people
suggesting Ubuntu rather than Debian because of d-i. Perhaps they should
also get the "collaboration, not confrontation" with Debian bit. And no,
\sh, again, you are not my target here.

Kind regards,
Philipp Kern