[Utnubu-discuss] Utnubu and collaborative maintenance with Ubuntu MOTU

Lucas Nussbaum lucas at lucas-nussbaum.net
Mon Jan 16 22:31:32 UTC 2006

On 16/01/06 at 22:48 +0100, Philipp Kern wrote:
> Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> > I'm not sure ubuntu-motu is the right list for this. Some MOTUs prefer
> > not to care about Debian [...]
>
> Although I agree with your statement that ubuntu-motu is not the right
> list, the last bit really pisses me off. I hope they package their stuff
> by themselves then and do not just take the work of others. (Yes, I did
> truncate the part about the mail flood and yes, it is Free Software, so
> everybody could do with it what he wants.) I wouldn't dare to talk about
> the "we sync back" thing...
>
> OTOH Ubuntu profits very much from improvements in Debian. I saw people
> suggesting Ubuntu rather than Debian because of d-i. Perhaps they should
> also get the "collaboration, not confrontation" with Debian bit. And no,
> \sh, again, you are not my target here.

Clearly, this mailing list is not the place for such offensive Ubuntu bashing.
Ubuntu developers subscribed to this mailing list are here because they
care about Debian, you really should remember that.
--
| lucas at lucas-nussbaum.net   http://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/ |
| jabber: lucas at nussbaum.fr             GPG: 1024D/023B3F4F |