[Utnubu-discuss] Utnubu and collaborative maintenance with Ubuntu MOTU

Joachim Breitner nomeata at debian.org
Mon Jan 16 22:48:12 UTC 2006

Hi all, finally caught up,

Am Montag, den 16.01.2006, 23:31 +0100 schrieb Lucas Nussbaum:
> Clearly, this mailing list is not the place for such offensive Ubuntu bashing.
> Ubuntu developers subscribed to this mailing list are here because they
> care about Debian, you really should remember that.
Thanks Lucas, that says it all.

I clearly see that there is a strong interest by some MOTUs to see their
work in Debian, too, and there seems to be a need for this to be
structured. Let's try to define the "use cases"

 A) MOTU has a package in utnubu, and thinks it would be neat if it were
in Debian, too. As he uses utnubu only, he needs some checking of his
packages and a sponsor.
 - needs: mailing list for discussion
     and: infrastructure for checking and sponsoring (e.g. mentors.d.o)
 -    or: other-side-partner (OSP), who helps and sponsors without the
          need for a team or infratructure
 - maintainer field: either the MOTU or the team/OSP

 B) MOTU has a package in utnubu, but cares about debian and prefers to
put his work only there, and have that synced to ubuntu automatically. I
think that leads to the same needs as A)

 C) Package ubunbu with no ubuntu-side interest in Debian integration.
 - needs: a team to care about that, e.g. utnubu
 - maintainer field: utnubu-maintainers at l.a.d.o

I guess I did miss some cases, please add them.

Thanks,
Joachim
--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner