[Utnubu-discuss] What about an announce list ? and a wiki ?

Raphael Hertzog hertzog at debian.org
Wed Jan 18 22:03:05 UTC 2006

Hello everyone,

I'm sure you've seen the announce that I forwarded recently on d-d-a. It
looks like d-d-a is not suited to post such Ubuntu-related announce. The
consensus seems to post those to debian-devel instead. However I had many
replys thanking me for the announce and several of those people stated
that they do not read debian-devel.

That's why I'm tempted to request an "utnubu-announce" list that we could
use to post important news for DD that are interested in Ubuntu-Debian
collaboration (but are not subscribed to debian-devel).

Future similar announcements may then be cross-posted between debian-devel
and utnubu-announce (with reply-to set to debian-devel).

What do you think ?

Furthermore to pave the way for growth of the Utnubu team (with some MOTU
who are kindly joining :-)), I think we need to start documenting the
project. I suggest using the wiki for that.

I've put up a mostly empty page for now :
http://wiki.debian.org/Utnubu

I added however some "structure" about some items that I find important to
cover. We clearly needs to explain our point of view if we want to calm
down the (unfounded, IMO) fear/hate of Ubuntu that we see in the project
currently. Feel free to complete !

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog