[Utnubu-discuss] Utnubu superfluous? Re: [Utnubu-svn-commits] r143 - in /report-scripts: doitall.sh scottwatcher/

Joachim Breitner nomeata at debian.org
Wed Jul 19 20:32:27 UTC 2006

Hi,

scottwatcher was just rightly disabled (I was planing to do that, but
didn't get around. thanks stratus). I now pose the qustion if the Utnubu
team shoud dissolve?

We do have a few other scripts running on our webspace, but they are all
one person's project (which is not a bad thing) and could probably
easily move to people.d.o.

And there are the 5 packages the team maintains. They can probably be
taken over by the maintainer that originally uploaded them.

I'm not saying that Utnubu did a bad job. It surely did create a bit
more awareness, which resulted for example in the pts derivative
keyword, but as a team there is not much happening, and I don't see the
point of dead teams -- they are probably only confusing and distracting.

But what's your opinion? Utnubu does no harm, so we might as well
continue to do as we do now. Or maybe someone wants to step up and push
things a bit, take a bit of a lead?

Greetings,
Joachim

Am Mittwoch, den 19.07.2006, 18:41 +0000 schrieb
stratus at users.alioth.debian.org:

--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner
Debian Developer