[Utnubu-discuss] Utnubu superfluous? Re: [Utnubu-svn-commits] r143 - in /report-scripts: doitall.sh scottwatcher/

Gustavo Franco gustavorfranco at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 22:17:01 UTC 2006

On 7/19/06, Amaya <amaya at debian.org> wrote:
> Gustavo Franco wrote:
> > I guess not. I've some ideas that i would like to move on after we
> > release Etch, to ship in Etch+1 and they fit with both DCT (Ubuntu's
> > side) and utnubu.
>
> I think I fully agree with what you state in your email.
> We can work more fully after Etch is released.

Sure, but before Etch we can slowly move forward with the current
infrastructure we've. Some of my ideas:

- Publish in a structured manner the packages that are in Ubuntu and
not in Debian with support for add comments. Note that in the near
future it can be a tracker in wotomae[0]. I need to ask arnau and buxy
about this;

- Ubuntu MOTUs have REVU[1]. Utnubu should be a bridge between
maintainers (MOTUs or not) that want to backmerge packages from
Ubuntu and Debian. I think we can do this through mentors[2]. The idea
here is that mentors "will contain our REVU" but it will still depend on
somebody with enough motivation to look at REVU or our tracker (see
above) and back merge stuff;

- After talking with the right people and contributing something to the
projects  above, we need to put our own documentation online on
"how to do utnubu". You know, just point out the workflow.

- Mail debian-devel-announce after Etch...

Thoughts?

[0] = http://wiki.debian.org/DWTT
[1] = http://revu.tauware.de/
[2] = http://mentors.debian.net/