[Utnubu-discuss] getting reports about new packages in ubuntu universe

Steffen Joeris white at debian.org
Mon Jan 15 21:53:10 CET 2007

Hi mates

I started a bit of scripting and was thinking about sending reports about new
packages which got added to feisty universe, but which are not in Debian
main.
The idea is to run a cronjob once per day and send the report about new
packages to this list, so that the members here can maybe have a short look
at the package and then consider writing appropriate wnpp bugs (tagging them
already-in-ubuntu) and maybe mailing the ubuntu person.
Well I would like to get some feedback of here if somebody has huge objections
against that. Shortly after this one I will also send one test mail to this
list, so that everybody can have a look at the output (I guess it needs some
tweaking, it was just something i put together in a couple of minutes and i
can also commit it somewhere if needed).

Cheers
Steffen