[Utnubu-discuss] getting reports about new packages in ubuntu universe

Xavier Oswald x.oswald at free.fr
Mon Jan 15 21:49:54 CET 2007

On 21:53 Mon 15 Jan     , Steffen Joeris wrote:
> Hi mates
Hi Steffen,

> I started a bit of scripting and was thinking about sending reports about new
> packages which got added to feisty universe, but which are not in Debian
> main.
> The idea is to run a cronjob once per day and send the report about new
> packages to this list, so that the members here can maybe have a short look
> at the package and then consider writing appropriate wnpp bugs (tagging them
> already-in-ubuntu) and maybe mailing the ubuntu person.
What do you think about once per week.
It should be enough or is there so much packages that are new each day in
ubuntu ? ;)

> Well I would like to get some feedback of here if somebody has huge objections
> against that. Shortly after this one I will also send one test mail to this
> list, so that everybody can have a look at the output (I guess it needs some
> tweaking, it was just something i put together in a couple of minutes and i
> can also commit it somewhere if needed).
No objections!
We have a svn for this project or I'm wrong ? Thus feel free to put your scripts
and tests inside.

Friendly,
--
  ,''`.  Xavier Oswald <x.oswald at free.fr>