[Utnubu-discuss] src: redhat-cluster X redhat-cluster-suite

Bart Martens bartm at knars.be
Wed May 16 16:30:40 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-05-16 at 06:10 -0700, andremachado wrote:
> Hello,

Hi Andremachado,

> I found that Debian already has ALMOST the same packages as ubuntu.
> The source debian package redhat-cluster generates ALMOST the same
> packaged binaries of ubuntu redhat-cluster-suite.
> http://packages.debian.org/stable/source/redhat-cluster
> http://packages.ubuntulinux.org/feisty/source/redhat-cluster-suite
> As the packages have different names, but the same purpose and
> upstream source, but somewhat different generated binaries, what
> should be done?

Have you tried talking to Bastian and Fabio?
http://packages.qa.debian.org/r/redhat-cluster.html
http://packages.ubuntu.com/gutsy/admin/redhat-cluster-suite

I'm not sure about how important this is for you.  I don't see a
technical problem, just a minor inconvenience when comparing Ubuntu with
Debian.  Am I overlooking something?

(I'm not speaking on behalf of the Utnubu project.  I'm just another
contributor.)

Regards,

Bart Martens