[Utnubu-discuss] src: redhat-cluster X redhat-cluster-suite

andremachado andremachado at techforce.com.br
Wed May 16 20:19:45 UTC 2007

Hello,
I sent today a msg to the Debian pkg maintainer.
The ubuntu packages are being worked and actively maintained. There are open bugs in debian that were already solved in ubuntu months ago.
I *guess* should be more productive to use the ubuntu packages as focal points to avoid duplicate efforts, but I am not aware about the reasons the debian package maintainer followed this way.
I did not compared byte for byte the source packages yet.
By now, there are some "perceived" differences leading to an annoying domino effect for related packages.
ITP for redhat system-config-cluster and "maybe" for the Piranha lvs tool (this one not even on ubuntu).
I hope soon have an answer from package maintainer to clarify this. I want to help and avoid duplicate efforts, but need some guidance about this interaction ubuntu <-> debian.
Why these packages were not in debian before? Should not Debian be the "upstream" for ubuntu for lowering the costs for all? Why are there some bugs solved at ubuntu still opened at debian? Lack of enough time? How could I help? (I am not a DD for a nmu).
Regards.
Andre Felipe Machado
http://www.techforce.com.br