[Utnubu-discuss] src: redhat-cluster X redhat-cluster-suite

Fabio Massimo Di Nitto fabbione at ubuntu.com
Thu May 17 05:15:34 UTC 2007

André Felipe Machado wrote:

> Already adapted ubuntu system-config-cluster and rebuilt on etch
> tomorrow I will try to carefully test these packages.
> Then, modify changelog to debian policy naming standard.

Pointless.
system-config-cluster is only useful with version < 2.x of cluster. For newer
versions you need conga.

> Interaction ubuntu <-> debian:
> At these specific packages, ubuntu maintainer seems to have a lead start
> from 2004.
> How avoid efforts duplication?

When I started packaging the suite in Ubuntu, Debian had the same but splitted
in many different sources. With time I assume Waldi concluded (like I did) that
it was not worth the effort to maintain them in separated mini packages.

> What are the differences from redhat-cluster from ubuntu to debian
> really needed, justifying a different packaging?
> (this answer could save a lenghty analysis of the two sources).

AFAIK Waldi tracks releases very closely (didn't check tho and I might be wrong)
while I do track CVS snapshots since I am also upstream.

Tho I still don't understand why there is so much fuzz about having 2 different
source names. It's not the end of the world.

Fabio