[Utnubu-discuss] src: redhat-cluster X redhat-cluster-suite

Bart Martens bartm at knars.be
Thu May 17 07:25:26 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-05-17 at 00:40 -0300, André Felipe Machado wrote:
> Interaction ubuntu <-> debian:
> At these specific packages, ubuntu maintainer seems to have a lead start
> from 2004.
> How avoid efforts duplication?

Have you tried talking to Bastian and Fabio?
http://packages.qa.debian.org/r/redhat-cluster.html
http://packages.ubuntu.com/gutsy/admin/redhat-cluster-suite

> What are the differences from redhat-cluster from ubuntu to debian

If you want to know the differences, then the most efficient way is to
just use "diff".

> really needed, justifying a different packaging?

The maintainers are free to join efforts or to work separately.

> (this answer could save a lenghty analysis of the two sources).

Saving you time. :)

> I will try to help with packaging porting efforts and debugging at these
> packages.

Have you tried offering your help to the maintainers and to the porters
teams?

> I will have to use them.
> I made rpm packages for years before, have to use RH at work also, and
> from some months have been improving my deb packaging knowledge.

Great!

> http://wiki.debian.org/PkgSplit
>

> The redhat-cluster maintainer could be a natural sponsor for these nmu.

If you intend to do an NMU, then please follow the procedure:
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/ch-pkgs.en.html#s-nmu

> How much time should I wait for an answer before asking for other dd for
> a nmu sponsoring?

Non-DD's can do all steps of the NMU procedure except doing the upload
itself.

Regards,

Bart Martens