[Vamos-devel] what can vamos do for me !

cedric briner work at infomaniak.ch
Mon May 5 14:16:39 UTC 2008

Hello,

I've been writting a tool for my orgnaizations which is basically a
launcher. Now, I've seen your project ``rootz''. I've tried to install
it without success :(, so then it is quite more difficult to understand
how ``rootz'' works.

So let me ask you some questions:
1) Can you from a rootz application browse the FS. (Desktop ...)
2) How rootz complies to work in other distributions than debian. I've
seen that rootz works by binding 2 FS
  - 1st is a bootsrap of a debian
  - 2nd is a squashfs of all the stack to make the application working.

So this means that with the rootz you give to the application almost
everything to work, except the libc ??

Ced.

--

Cedric BRINER