[Vmdebootstrap-devel] Anyone else maintaining vmdebootstrap?

Lars Wirzenius liw at liw.fi
Sun Sep 11 11:47:18 UTC 2016

Hey,

as I'm preparing to make my first release as the vmdebootstrap
maintainer, I realise that I don't actually know who's doing what. The
Debian package has three uploaders: I'm replaing Neil, and
additionally there's:

 Iain R. Learmonth <irl at debian.org>,
 Antonio Terceiro <terceiro at debian.org>

I've cc'd this to them. Iain, Antonio, are you interested only in
maintaining the Debian packaging, or also upstream?

Anyone else?

I've made a few changes to master already, on my own, without review.
If others are interested in working upstream on this, we may need to
establish workflows and governance (both should be lightweight). One
thing I did was change things so that I can use my personal bumper
utility to make a release, and this required moving the version number
fo vmdebootstrap/version.py.

(Bumper updates the version number in various places -- NEWS,
debian/changelog, */version.py, commits, tags a release, then updates
again with +git added, so it's clear when a version is built from a
release tag. Bumper is at http://liw.fi/bumper/, but hasn't been
uploaded to Debian.)

--
I want to build worthwhile things that might last. --joeyh