[Webmin-maintainers] let the game begin (or lets get started)

Andreas Schuldei andreas@schuldei.org
Thu, 16 Dec 2004 23:16:52 +0100

* Finn-Arne Johansen (faj@bzz.no) [041216 22:49]:
> Adding the original source for the current webmin package, and the add
> the changes from Jaldhar.

do we have a way to roll in the upstream changes?

we are trying a three-way merge here. can subversion (or what
ever revision control system we are about to use) handle that?

of cause we will try to push stuff upstream, but some things
upstream does not want (which at least i find sensibel, like
perl5 coding style (e.g. "my" variables) or use of CGI.pm, which
provides allmost all (or more?) or the functionality of
web-lib.pl, or proper use of modules (pm instead of pl).

jaldhar, can you enlighten us about the reasons for those issues?
i recall compatibility to perl4. but that is allready not the
case. e.g. there is ONE my variable in web-lib.pl allready.

/andreas