[Webmin-maintainers] Re: [webmin-devel] modern perl practices (fwd)

Andreas Schuldei andreas@schuldei.org
Sun, 19 Dec 2004 14:01:44 +0100

* Jaldhar H. Vyas (jaldhar@debian.org) [041219 07:06]:
> FYI
>
> Actually, the real reason for using some old Perl constructs is lazyness
> rather than compatability :-) However, I do plan to undertake a major UI
> and code clean-up early next year, and as part of that all 'local'
> variables will be replaced with 'my' ... except in those few cases where
> 'local' is actually the right thing to do.
>
> I would happily access a patch or series of patches that does some of
> this conversion.. I'd suggest doing them one module at a time though ..

this is very good news... perhaps we should suggest now to switch
to CGI.pm and remove a larger part of the code alltogether? i
think that would increase security and maintainability by some
orders of magnitude.

unfortunatly there is no such thing as a refactoring browser for
perl...

/andreas