[Webmin-maintainers] Webmin status

Jamie Cameron jcameron at webmin.com
Thu Jun 28 05:17:46 UTC 2007

On 27/Jun/2007 13:42 Cody Ashe-McNalley wrote ..
> Debian suggests using the following:
>
> http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/index.en.html

Thanks, I'll take a look at that .. I hadn't seen that page
before.

> Interestingly, Jaldhar wrote _The Debmake Manual_ in 1997.
>
> Jamie, are you putting the package together by hand?

I have a script that creates the debian directory and all the files
in it like control, preinst, postinst and changelog.

> I last installed Jamie's .deb on an Etch machine (Sarge still had
> webmin).  I have not installed it on my testing or sid machines.  In
> Etch, I had to change the path for several components (I don't
> remember exactly, but it was something like correcting the path to
> smbpasswd and similar utilities).

That sounds like a bug then, as I try to have Webmin use the correct
paths for things like smbpasswd and smb.conf by default. If you see
this again, let me know the correct paths and I will make them the
defaults for Etch in future Webmin releases.

 - Jamie