[Webmin-maintainers] Webmin status

Dererk dererk at madap.com.ar
Thu Jun 28 13:59:50 UTC 2007

Jamie Cameron escribió:
> I'd be happy if someone can point me at some up-to-date
> documentation on creating Debian packages the proper way .. it seems
> that the docs I used to create the current .debs on www.webmin.com
> was out of date (even though they do work).
>
>  - Jamie

Hi Jamie!  It's an honour to share some words with you, I'm myself a big
webmin fan since many many years :-)

I think one of the biggest problems are related with configs/binaries
paths inside modules, which makes work harder.
I know, I know...  all the paths are easy relocatable, but, it's a
tedious job, and even more for a lazy guy like me :-P

I've never used debconf before, but I think it might be quite practical
to use it to set up some things like users allowed, login
attempts/timeout, default binding ports, and all that stuff.
I think it might be a good idea to have a look into old Jaldhar's
packages to have an idea how he did that work.

Greetings,

Dererk

--
vlady at Melee: ~$ grep -ir 'power in your hands' /proc/
/proc/version: Debian GNUine Perception

Internet shut down due to maintenance