[Women-website] Bugs in the Website

Thierry Reding women-website@lists.alioth.debian.org
Mon, 4 Apr 2005 00:15:46 +0200

--+HP7ph2BbKc20aGI

* Jutta Wrage wrote:
[...]
> 3.  The code contains things that may not be valid or are no assumed in=
=20
> (X)HTML-Code, if css is used:
>=20
> - <div id=3D"outer" align=3D"center"> - centering should be in css

Done.

> - <br clear=3D"all" /> - that should be applied by css. A class .clear=20
> would do the trick or just adding a clear all to the css for the next=20
> div

Done.

[...]
> 4. Lost or corrupted links
>=20
> I have seen a lot of broken links. Some have already been there before=20
> the lates changes. Maybe using a link checker would be a good idea.
>=20
> - http://women.alioth.debian.org/involvement/
> In section contribute, Events: The link to events does not work
> Join us in IRC: the lonk to We also have our own #debian-women IRC FAQ.=
=20
> does not work

Done. The "Events" page is currently being redesigned aswell and will be up
soon.

>=20
> - http://women.alioth.debian.org/website/structure/
> Basic structure: All three "here"-links are not working. If the pages=20
> are not ready now, there could be empty pages saying "Comming soon".

I removed these links completely. I don't like "Coming soon" pages.

> - http://women.alioth.debian.org/faqs/
> Isaac posted a broken link to the mailing list on 13th. and I have=20
> found already a possible solution, but got no answer.

I'm not sure about this, do we want to link to PDF or PS? I personally found
the previous link to a HTML page more convenient. Does anyone know of any
trouble we might get into if we were to convert that document to HTML and
publish it on Alioth?

> 5. Content
> On the last page there should be mentioned, if two letter or three=20
> letter language codes should be used.

I'm currently working on a better document for the translation part. But
2-letter language codes is what I meant initially.

> For Arch, there should be a description where to get it and a link to=20
> an installation guide. Arch is not available for Debian stable (Woody).=
=20

That is included on the website/contribute page as of this morning. Steve
Langasek pointed this out aswell. There is also a link to the official
website of bazaar[1] on that page.

[...]

The changes are not live yet, I will do some more modifications and upload
the changes when those are done.

Cheers,
Thierry

[1]: http://bazaar.canonical.com/