[Women-website] d-w website

Thierry Reding thierry@doppeltgemoppelt.de
Wed, 8 Jun 2005 00:40:45 +0200

--T4sUOijqQbZv57TR

* Meike Reichle wrote:
> Hi all
>=20
> there has been some discussion about the d-w website on irc today.=20
> As for me I am mainly concerned by the news section which is quite outdat=
ed.
>=20
> * What I did:
> I copied the news from the two existing d-w weekly newsletters to the main
> news section and will add more recent ones (DebConf, LinuxTag, ...) as so=
on
> as my brain stops hurting from the baz/wml introduction I got today ;)
> (Thank you beatle, you were most patient!! :)
>=20
> * What I think should be done:
> I think it is a bit missleading that the "news" link points to the dwwn a=
nd
> the actual news are only accessible via the d-w logo. Plus, older news are
> not accessible right now.=20
> I think it would be better to have three links:=20
> - "news" which points to the front page which displays the most recent ne=
ws,=20
> - "news archive" which either points to a long list of all news or (maybe
> in the future) to some kind of interface to chose news by date, and third=
ly=20
> - "d-w weeklies" (or whatever) which points to the weekly newsletters.

I have finally uploaded these changes today. So now there's a "News" button
which links to the normal frontpage, and a "Weekly News" button which, well,
links to the DWWN.

> * Open question:
> Concerning the dwwn, do we really need them? Or wouldn't it be enough to =
put
> official stuff in the news and internal discussions/announcements on the
> mailing list?

My memory seems to be lacking here, did or did we not decide that we should
keep the DWWN? I think I remember that there's been some talk about it, but
it's been a while now...

Which reminds me to thank Meike for the great job she's doing at regularly
posting news. Way to go!

Cheers,
Thierry

--T4sUOijqQbZv57TR