[Women-website] Re: Localizing main site?

Thierry Reding thierry@doppeltgemoppelt.de
Thu, 16 Jun 2005 23:56:05 +0200

--WhfpMioaduB5tiZL

* Clytie Siddall wrote:
> Hi everybody :)

Hi Clytie,

> I've just translated the D-W homepage, which I hope will be useful. =20
> Do we have any procedure for main-site translations? No rush, just so =20
> I don't forget I've done it...

The normal procedure for translating the D-W website is by downloading the
WML sources and then creating a subdirectory for the language you want to
translate into (which would in your case be the `vi' subdirectory), then go
crazy with translating.

You can find general information about how to get the WML sources here[1] a=
nd
get a short overview of the directory structure as well as a short
introduction to the common WML tags used by the website (links to these
subpages can be found at the bottom of the page).

More specific information about translating can be found on this page[2],
which is not linked to from anywhere else. This is not really a bad thing,
because I don't think that particular page is very helpful at the moment.
Unfortunately I have very little time to work on that right now, so we'll
have to make do with what we have. Maybe discussion with you about this will
yield some better ideas about how to structure that text.

Hope this helps. I'm also Cc'ing women-website@lists.alioth.debian.org, whi=
ch
is the list for coordinating issues concerning the website.

Cheers,
Thierry

[1]: http://women.alioth.debian.org/website/contribute
[2]: http://women.alioth.debian.org/website/translate