[Yaird-devel] yaird backporting problems

Caio Begotti caio1982 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 22:16:59 UTC 2006

On 9/27/06, Jonas Smedegaard <dr at jones.dk> wrote:
> Hi again :-)

:-)

> If /sys is not mounted there might be som obscure but good reason for
> it. Yaird avoids doing mounts while scanning the system.

I don't know why it's not mounted inside the chroot, but it only
occurs with recent linux-image kernel packages (I'm using a backported
2.6.17 .deb from unstable). It /sys is indeed very needed by Yaird in
order to build the ramdisks, why not to make sure it's *really*
mounted and not-empty to avoid bizarre errors like those I got? :-)

> Great that you found a way to make yaird work with an old installer not
> prepared for it. But I tend to disagree with including the "hack" with
> yaird - to me it sounds like best belonging to the debian-isntaller
> package or some local hook (I am not familiar with the inner details
> of debian-installer).

Well, the only place I found useful and working to have the hack was
in the Perl script that builds the initrd in the almost-last-step in
the Sarge installer.

Regards,

--
caio[1982] begotti