[Yast4debian-devel] Personal status report

Ramon Acedo ramon at linux-labs.net
Wed Sep 21 09:29:28 UTC 2005

Hi all/Hallo zusammen,

just suggest a weekday or Weekend you can.

I know that Pikota is working in the last versions of YaST2
with Ubuntu and he's trying to get some fund from his firm
through the public administration to be able to work in it
as much time as he can. It won't be easy though.

What if we'd propose a little paper argumenting why porting
YaST2 to debian based distros (in Spain there are some local
distros paid by public administrations).

I know that I am a dreamer but imagine a work group working
in it and making it to work in some local distros (from Spain,
Switzerland, Germany, USA...), most of these local distros are
Debian derivarives, and co-funded by the administrations.

Would Novell/SuSE help in convincing them? I am an evangelist
here in Catalonia and I can reach some people at the top of the
Catalonian administration in the Information Society Departament.

I'd be able to hire developers through my firm
(http://cargol.net/?lang=en) (Jaldhar, Pikota, Mario and other
super-skilled-techies/evangelists :-) but counting with the support of
Novell/SuSE would give us more credit and possibilities.

What do you think guys?

BTW still interested :-)

Ramon