[Advacs-discuss] Latest CVS updates

Oliver Elphick olly@lfix.co.uk
Thu, 02 Sep 2004 11:22:35 +0100

I now have buildable SQL for these modules:

        GL	General Ledger
        CB	Cashbook
        SL	Sales Ledger
        PL	Purchase Ledger

Obviously this is by no means final, but I should be grateful if people
would download from CVS and attempt an installation.

You need postgresql 7.4 and postgresql-client installed.  Download the
sql module and start in sql/GL.  Each Makefile provides these targets:
all, install, clean and purge:

        all	creates the SQL script
        install	does "all" and "purge" and then runs the SQL script
        	to create the schema
        clean	removes the SQL script and the auxiliary files
        	used to create it
        purge	does "clean" and also drops the schema

Do "make install" in each module (sql/GL sql/CB sql/PL sql/SL)
Each install should run without errors; if you hit any problems, let me
know.

You need to set the search_path so as to see all the schemas.  Run the
following command (all on one line):

        psql -d advacs -c "ALTER DATABASE advacs SET SEARCH_PATH TO
                           sl,pl,cb,gl,core,public"

Then take a look at the schema and consider what might be missing.

Thanks

Oliver