I would like to NMU autopkgtest

Stefano Zacchiroli zack at debian.org
Fri Jun 14 06:57:41 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 01:42:46PM +0200, Martin Pitt wrote:
> it seems autopkgtest maintenance in Debian is a bit thin right now. In
> Ubuntu we have piled up several patches to fix the worst issues, but
> as this counts as "infrastructure" and a lot of DEP-8 tests are shared
> between Debian and Ubuntu these days, I would like to push some fixes
> to Debian as well, in particular:

I haven't been directly active in the maintenance of the autopkgtest
package in Debian, but I agree with your assessment that its maintenance
in Debian is "a bit tin" ATM. For that reason, I'd love if you could NMU
the package and fix the most pressing issues, although I can't speak for
the maintainer. Just follow the NMU guidelines and use an appropriated
DELAYED/XX value.

More generally, I'd personally love if people with both interest in
autopkgtest and time available to maintain it would step in and join the
maintenance team in Debian. Would you be interested in that?

Cheers.
--
Stefano Zacchiroli  . . . . . . .  zack at upsilon.cc . . . . o . . . o . o
Former Debian Project Leader  . . @zack on identi.ca . . o o o . . . o .