[Bash-completion-devel] re bash completion FAQ

Matthew Hall mhall at mhcomputing.net
Sat Mar 8 01:25:13 UTC 2014

On Fri, Mar 07, 2014 at 04:18:06PM -0800, Dan Haskell wrote:
> First of all what man page? :)

It would depend precisely how the package was installed in your system / environment.

> Second what key sequence does M-/ represent? I haven't touched Emacs in 15+
> years... newbies won't know either.

In *most* terminal emulators, it would be Esc-/ or Alt-/. The Esc may need to
be tapped all by itself, then / , or perhaps both together.

> Third, is there a way to just turn this feature off? I know what commands
> handle what sort of file, hate it when software contradicts me.

I don't know. I memorized Alt-/ and I've been on autopilot ever since.

Good Luck,
Matthew.