[D-community-offtopic] cannot connect to "0.0.0.2 - My Office PC"

Wed May 15 22:42:13 UTC 2013

On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 3:35 PM, kamaraju kusumanchi <
raju.mailinglists at gmail.com> wrote:

> cannot connect to "0.0.0.2 - My Office PC"
> Operation not permitted Verify your connection settings and try again

My current work around is to use the chromium browser (instead of
iceweasel), and to use the Java Client (instead of icaclient)

rajulocal at hogwarts:/opt/rajulocal/downloads/debs$ dpkg -l \*icedtea\*
\*chromium\* | grep ^ii
ii  chromium
25.0.1364.160-1                    amd64        Google's open source
chromium web browser
ii  chromium-inspector
25.0.1364.160-1                    all          page inspector for the
chromium browser
ii  icedtea-6-jre-cacao:amd64
6b27-1.12.5-1                      amd64        Alternative JVM for
OpenJDK, using Cacao
ii  icedtea-6-jre-jamvm:amd64
6b27-1.12.5-1                      amd64        Alternative JVM for
OpenJDK, using JamVM
ii  icedtea-6-plugin:amd64
1.3.2-1                            amd64        web browser plugin based on
OpenJDK and IcedTea to execute Java applets
ii  icedtea-7-jre-cacao:amd64
7u3-2.1.7-1                        amd64        Alternative JVM for
OpenJDK, using Cacao
ii  icedtea-7-jre-jamvm:amd64
7u3-2.1.7-1                        amd64        Alternative JVM for
OpenJDK, using JamVM
ii  icedtea-netx:amd64
1.3.2-1                            amd64        NetX - implementation of
the Java Network Launching Protocol (JNLP)
ii  icedtea-netx-common
1.3.2-1                            all          NetX - implementation of
the Java Network Launching Protocol (JNLP)
ii  icedtea-plugin
1.3.2-1                            all          web browser plugin to
execute Java applets (dependency package)

After logging in using Chromium Browser and remoting in, click settings ->
Run Client Detection -> click on "Try using the Client for Java".

For some reason, the "Try using the Client for Java" link appears only
under chrome but not in iceweasel.

raju
--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi