Fwd: Re: Wayland in Debian / About Window Buttons and Menu Bars

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Thu Apr 17 01:35:23 UTC 2014

On Thu, 2014-04-17 at 01:37 +0200, Linux-Fan wrote:
> Just got a message that the list server did not like the URL in my
> signature. I have amended the message to hopefully reach the list properly.

:)

Btw. I don't think it's a conspiracy, but a step into the wrong
direction. Assumed we use displays and not braille, then for some needs
we want to have at least menu and tool bars, e.g. for pro-audio usage.

Wayland seems to be a step to drop WMs for the DEs and to open the doors
to break work-flows for special needs. The majority seems to like what
current gedit, gnome calculator etc. from upstream do (not) provide. No
title, no menu and no tool bars. I dislike this step into the wrong
direction.