On what is helpful and what is not [was: Re: Wifi]

Dave Woyciesjes woyciesjes at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 10 16:05:48 UTC 2014

	Including the OT list in the Reply, but seeing as I'm not subscribed to
it, it may not go.

On 03/10/2014 11:57 AM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Mon, 2014-03-10 at 11:15 -0400, Dave Woyciesjes wrote:
>> It's attitudes like that that keep people away from Debian &
>> Linux.
>
> Nonsense, we are humans and have experiences with other humans and most
> of us likely are older than 8 years. Fortunately Andrei renamed the
> subject. For somebody who needs help, it's terrible to read a discussion
> that doesn't help her/him.

	And it's worse when the people who've been there a while are demeaning
in the name of help.

>  The discussion about nothing is a serious
> issue. I replied to Stan and Jerry off-list (not a wise decision, to be
> quiet is much wiser)

	Depends on the situation, sometimes, yes.

> and I posted the link to the OT list. People stay
> away from Linux, if they need help and much more than 50% of the replies
> are about the wrong tone of voice, broken threads etc.. Before they
> could filter messages, they need to read all that irrelevant carp.

	A vast majority of the reasons I've seen, on all of the mailing list
I've been on - vast majority cite the attitude of existing linux users
as the biggest turn-off, deterrent, reason for leaving.

--
--- Dave Woyciesjes
--- ICQ# 905818

- from some guy on the internet.