[Dbconfig-common-devel] Re: Status of "editing pg_hba.conf"

Karsten Hilbert Karsten.Hilbert at gmx.net
Sat Jan 27 19:09:42 CET 2007

On Fri, Jan 26, 2007 at 09:03:36AM +0100, RKI Andreas wrote:

> >Andreas, do you want me to backport this to v4 - which is
> >used by the just-released 0.2.4 client ?
>
> To the client?  I guess you mean server.
No, the 0.2.4 client connects to the v4 database.

> Well, there are
> two options: Release 0.2.4.1 or send me a patch against your
> upstream version.
We are releasing 0.2.4.1 tarballs as I write. They should
allow database installation/upgrade without any need for
fiddling with pg_hba.conf as we discussed in this thread.
That should also allow for dbconfig-common-ization of the
whole process.

> But I'm kind of stubborn to prefer the pg_hba.conf feature
> because I guess it would be the best thing to do here and
> also for other future use cases.
No doubt about it. A "proper" mechanism would be helpful in
any case.

Karsten
--
GPG key ID E4071346 @ wwwkeys.pgp.net
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346