debian package browser

Hervé Eychenne rv@eychenne.org
Fri, 30 Jan 2004 15:45:51 +0100

On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 03:31:35PM +0100, Hervé Eychenne wrote:

> > > I click on User interface.
> > > Ok? An email client is an application and a user interface, right?

> > User interface is a special tag. It was intended to be displayed
> > unfolded in the navigation menu. i.e. you really should choose a user
> > interface you want.

> I don't get what you mean... ("unfolded", "should choose a user
> interface you want")

Oh, I'm sorry, I have it all. Please forget my previous email (even if I
know it may me too late considering your reactivity).
I see what you mean... Why not. I suppose that unfolded tags would be
tags where a tag named x is associated to x::{a,b,...}. That can be
done automatically.

Then, if ui was an "unfolded" tagname, I guess no
package should have ui as a tag, but ui::* instead.

But currently,
$ grep 'ui, ' package-tags | wc -l
shows 24 packages...

So either the nature of ui should be changed, either the current tags.

 Hervé

--
 _
(°=  Hervé Eychenne